Interagency Trusted Tester Baseline
The Interagency Trusted Tester Baseline provides standardized test scripts that can be used to create an accessibility test process. The current baseline addresses full conformance to the Original 508 Standards for web and software, and provides support for the Revised 508 Standards where overlaps occur.
- Harmonized Processes for Section 508 Testing: Baseline Tests for Software & Web Accessibility (PDF, March 2017)
An interagency working group is developing test scripts and tools to test for full conformance with the Revised 508 Standards, and they could use your help! If you’d like to participate, please contact Allen Hoffman at email@example.com.
Trusted Tester Process
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Trusted Tester Process is a testing approach for validating accessibility compliance and conformity. This process uses the Interagency Trusted Tester Baseline to provide a repeatable test process for determining software and website conformance to the Original 508 standards. The test process covers some, but not all, WCAG Level A and AA Success Criteria.
- Trusted Tester Section 508 Compliance Test Process for Applications (version 4.0, PDF, April 2017)
- Download Test Process Reporting Template (version 4.0, MS Excel)
- Trusted Tester Process Update Guide (version 4.0, PDF)
- DHS Section 508 Compliance Testing Tools
Work is currently underway to expand test coverage for WCAG Success Criteria.
Trusted Tester Certification Program
The DHS Interagency Trusted Tester Program (ITTP) offers training and a formal certification process for accessibility testing using the DHS Trusted Tester Process. Agencies that adopt the trusted tester baseline and test process only accept trusted test results from individuals who have been certified.
- Trusted Tester Fact Sheet and Training Information - Certification Program Fact Sheet and training info for application testing (AT) users
The resources on this page were created through interagency collaborative efforts sponsored under the Accessibility Community of Practice (ACoP), a committee under the Federal Chief Information Officers (CIO) Council and the Federal Chief Acquisition Officer (CAO) Council. These resources are endorsed by the ACoP for use across the US Government for validating conformance to the Revised 508 Standards.
Reviewed/Updated: May 2018