The Revised 508 Standards clarify which electronic content must be accessible (scope) and how to make it accessible (technical requirements). Help staff at your agency understand their responsibility to produce accessible content, and ensure they have the tools to do so.
- Understand Content Scope and Technical Requirements
- Teach Staff about Accessibility
- Create Accessible Content
- Test for 508 Conformance
- Publish Accessible Content
- Track and Report Conformance
This guidance was developed by the U.S. Federal Government Revised 508 Standards Transition Workgroup. Members include the U.S. Federal CIO Council Accessibility Community of Practice, the U.S. Access Board, and the General Services Administration.
Reviewed/Updated: May 2018