The reporting template identifies five Section 508 program metrics. The intent is for each metric to be assigned one of four possible maturity measures (ad hoc, planned, resourced and measured). The template also provides a section for agencies to record Section 508 evaluation and test results for web compliance.
You will need to provide a single answer for the entire Department on the template. For Departments with more than one agency, you will need to “roll-up” agency results into a single Department-wide result.
Recommended approach for rolling up the Section 508 Program Maturity Metrics:
- Using the instructions outlined in the Guidelines for assessing program maturity, identify the most appropriate maturity level for each agency.
- Identify the total IT budget for each agency.
- Complete steps 1 and 2 for all agencies in the Department. At this point, you should know the following for each maturity metric:
- # of agencies, which account for x% of total Department IT spend, that are currently Ad Hoc
- # of agencies, which account for x% of total Department IT spend, that are currently Planned
- # of agencies, which account for x% of total Department IT spend, that are currently Resourced
- # of agencies, which account for x% of total Department IT spend, that are currently Measured
- To get a single Department-wide metric for each maturity metric:
- Select the rating level tied to the largest amount of total IT spend.
- If this does not adequately represent the most appropriate rating for the entire department, consider providing the breakouts listed in Step 3 in the narrative
Note: For agencies that manage their Section 508 program across multiple operating divisions / units, you can use the same logic to roll-up program maturity results to the agency level.
Recommended approach for rolling up the Web 508 Conformance Metrics:
- Identify the web compliance level most appropriate for public facing and non-public facing websites for each agency.
- Weight each agency website compliance result by overall number of web pages tested
- Total the weighted scores to get a Department score.