About IAAF 2020
The 2020 Interagency Accessibility Forum celebrates the 75th observance of the National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) and the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disability Act (ADA). Inspirational keynote speakers will include: the honorable Congressman Jim Langevin, Chair of the Bipartisan Disability Caucus; Thomas Harkin, former United States Senator and author and chief Senate sponsor of the ADA; Janet Dhillon, Chair of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; and Paula Briscoe, Deputy Director, Intelligence Community Equal Employment and Diversity for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
Virtual panel discussions will focus on three areas: Customer Experiences & Content Creation, Acquisition & Program Management, and Innovation--in the federal government and internationally. In addition, the forum will include a virtual Exhibitor Round-Robin where 24 accessibility consultants and/or IT companies with accessibility programs will each make a five minute demonstration of their products and services that support those with disabilities.
The Interagency Accessibility Forum (IAAF) is sponsored by the Federal Chief Information Officer Council’s (Federal CIO Council) Accessibility Community of Practice (ACOP) and hosted by the Government-wide IT Accessibility Program from the Office of Government-wide Policy (OGP) of the General Services Administration (GSA) and the U.S. Census Bureau, in partnership with other federal agencies.
Who Should Attend
- Acquisition professionals
- Accessibility program managers
- Content and web creators
- Human Resources personnel
- IT acquisitions requiring officials
- Web content managers
- All federal personnel and contractors interested in accessibility
What: 2020 Interagency Accessibility Forum
When: October 6-7, 2020, 9:30AM - 4:30 PM ET with a virtual Exhibitor Round-Robin Showcase hosted on Wednesday, October 7th
Where: Virtual through Zoom for Government Platform - Note that the event will be recorded for reuse
Who: There is something for everyone - contracting officials, business analysts, project managers, developers, testers, content creators, Section 508 Program Managers, and members of agency management and leadership
Additional Event Information:
How to Register as an Attendee for IAAF 2020
Attendee registration for the 2020 IAAF is now open. Register today, mark your calendars for October 6th & 7th, and check back here each week for information and event updates. Attendee registration will close on September 28th.
If you are an IT technology vendor, company, or association that builds accessible products or provides accessibility support services, please visit the Vendor Exhibit Information section to submit your registration now.
This year’s IAAF will have a full, two-day agenda, with featured speakers, keynote addresses, and breakout sessions and discussions led by those on the forefront of accessibility in the federal, private, academic, and nonprofit sectors.
For more details on the two-day virtual event, visit (and bookmark) the 2020 IAAF Agenda.
Check Your Tech
The 2020 IAAF will be a virtual event using a Zoom for Government webinar. Zoom meetings and webinars are best experienced when using the Zoom app, but can also be accessed via web browser and telephone (audio-only).
We encourage all attendees to set up and test your Zoom app ahead of the event by visiting the Zoom Help Center, Download Center and Join a Test Meeting. Keyboard users may also preview Zoom’s Hot Keys & Keyboard Shortcuts resources for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Linux operating systems.
2019 Interagency Accessibility Forum
The sixth annual Interagency Accessibility Forum, October 7-8, 2019 was co-hosted by the General Services Administration (GSA) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The IAAF proudly supported the 2019 NDEAM theme - The Right Talent, Right Now - by focusing on ensuring accessibility is a business imperative.
- Keynote: The Americans with Disabilities Act—Then and Now
Tony Coelho, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from California’s 15th district (January 3, 1979 – June 15, 1989)
2018 Interagency Accessibility Forum
October 9, 2018 - 5th annual Interagency Accessibility Forum. The 2018 theme was Supporting Empowerment through Accessibility.
2017 Interagency Accessibility Forum
On October 13, 2017, General Services Administration (GSA) hosted the 4th annual Interagency Accessibility Forum. The event, with a theme of “The Right Talent, Right Now,” featured nine workshops focused on the transition to the Revised 508 Standards.
- Read the transcript of the Opening Plenary Session (DOC)
- Managing Accessibility of Public–Facing Content and Agency Official Communications Part 1 (PPT)
- Managing Accessibility of Public–Facing Content and Agency Official Communications Part 2 (PPT)
- Revised Section 508 Standards – Summary of Major Changes and Issues (PPT). Read the transcript
- How to Request Accessibility Information from Vendors About the Revised Standards (PPT). Read the transcript
- AED COP, How It Helps Government Agencies Consistently Test and Remediate Electronic Documents for Section 508 Conformance (PPT). Read the transcript
- Revising Agency 508 Policy for the Refresh and Managing for User Access (PPT). Read the transcript
- WCAG 2.0 – How Does it Change the Way Agencies Develop and Test? (PPT)
- Integrating Section 508 Requirements in the Development Lifecycle (PPT). Read the transcript
- GSA Section 508 Resources (PPT). Read the transcript
- Authors and Developers Guidance for the Revised 508 Standards (PPT)
We're always working to improve the information and resources on this website. To suggest a new resource for this or another page, please contact us.
Reviewed/Updated: September 2020