Learn how to create accessible Portable Document Format (PDF) documents that conform to the Revised 508 Standards.
AED COP Guidance
The resources in this section were developed by the Accessible Electronic Documents Community of Practice (AED COP).
Adobe Acrobat Portable Document (PDF)
- PDF Baseline Test Process (MS Word, September 2017)
- PDF Detailed Checklist (MS Word, September 2017)
- PDF Printable Checklist (MS Word, September 2017)
- How to Test and Remediate PDFs for Accessibility - closed captioned (YouTube Playlist, October 2017)
- When generating PDF documents through conversion from another format, or through an automated tool, ensure the resulting PDF file is properly tagged to support accessibility.
- If using an authoring tool, make sure the tool is capable of generating accessible PDF documents that conform to PDF/UA (some do not).
The resources in this section were developed by Federal agencies, and shared here for your convenience.
- Resources for Developers and Document Authors - Guidance on how to develop and author accessible electronic content - Developed by SSA
- Making Files Accessible - Issues, testing, and remediation suggestions - Developed by HHS
- Create Accessible Digital Products
- Adobe Acrobat accessibility support
- Web Accessibility Tutorials and Presentations - Guidance from the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
Reviewed/Updated: May 2018