GSA Government-wide Section 508 Accessibility Program

What if I am buying from a reseller?

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 12:29 -- BuyAccessible Team

If you are buying an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) product from the a reseller or distributor, most of the time they will tell you that they have no Section 508 information on the accessibility of that product and probably will not even know what Section 508 is. Remember, resellers are not responsible for Section 508 conformance of the products they sell. So, how do you get Section 508 conformance information to help you do your market research and make an informed decision? You will need to contact the equipment manufacturer directly for Section 508 information. You can ask them for their Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) or they may have accessibility information on their website. You can also use the Vendor Accessibility Resource Center (VARC) which is an alphabetic directory of company URL links to product or service accessibility information.