Understand your roles and responsibilities as an ICT developer and scroll below to choose what would you like to do today.
What would you like to do today?
Determine How Section 508 Applies
- Determine if Section 508 applies to internal development, examples include:
- Website development
- Internal software development
- Maintenance and support of internal ICT
- Assist Requiring officials and Contracting Officers in determining if Section 508 applies to products they are buying.
Identify Relevant Section 508 Requirements for Internal Development and Purchased Products and Services
- Identify detailed Section 508 accessibility requirements for what I want to develop internally.
- Assist Requiring Officials and Contracting Officers in identifying Section 508 accessibility requirements for products they are buying.
Develop Accessible ICT
Accept & Inspect Products
- For both your internal development or products your agency is buying, determine acceptance and inspection criteria using the BuyAccessible Wizard. Enter the Wizard as a Guest, select a product over $3000, and proceed until you receive an Acceptance Guide.
- Learn about website accessibility conformance.
- Conduct testing against Section 508 requirements, for products developed internally or bought.
- Author or provide assistance with accessible documentation
- Include Section 508 considerations in ICT reports, case studies, recommendations